DataClarity Contact Us Forms and Websites
We use information submitted through our Websites or collected through e-mail to analyze the characteristics of our customers and improve our services. If you request information about DataClarity products and services, we will collect your name, email address, phone number, and additional company information. We use this information to contact you about your request, and to follow up with you about the products and services in which you have expressed an interest. We will also send information to you regarding upcoming DataClarity’s products updates, events, and relevant industry related news or articles. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the e-mail.
DataClarity offers you the option to use its web offerings including forums, blogs, and communities linked to this website that require you to register and create a user profile. User profiles may provide the option to display personal information about you to other users, including but not limited to your name, photo, social media accounts, postal or e-mail address, or both, telephone number, personal interests, skills, and basic information about your company. Any personal information you choose to submit in such blogs, forums, or communities may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these networks, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. DataClarity is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these blogs, forums, or communities.
If you register for an event, seminar, or webinar of DataClarity, DataClarity may share basic participant information (your name, company, and email address) with other participants of the same event, seminar, or webinar for the purpose of communication and the exchange of ideas.
DataClarity Customer information
DataClarity Customer Information is information we collect from you when you purchase and contract with us to provide services or technology solutions. In this case, we will collect your e-mail address; phone number; information regarding your role within your company; company information, including company name, address, billing information and company size; and contact information for other relevant points of contact within your company as needed for DataClarity to provide its services. If you purchased one of DataClarity’s products or offerings, you may have the option to add additional users to your account. We will ask for the name and e-mail address of the additional users you want to add. This information is used by DataClarity to provide the requested service. Added users may independently sign up to receive other DataClarity communications.
We will use your Customer Information to:
- Provide the requested products and services you have requested;
- Renew subscription-based products and services you have purchased;
- Provide customer support. While providing you with customer support we may also gather additional information from you to investigate technical issues and respond to your support questions;
- Communicate on a regular basis with you by e-mail or phone about your use of the products or services, DataClarity events and other industry news or trends, and other DataClarity products and services we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving e-mails regarding DataClarity events and other DataClarity services by clicking unsubscribe link provided in the email. You will continue to receive notices regarding the products or services you purchased, and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, which are not marketing-related but merely required for the relevant business relationship. With regard to marketing-related types of communication (i.e. e-mails and phone calls), DataClarity will (a) where legally required only provide you with such information after you have opted in and (b) provide you the opportunity to opt out if you do not want to receive further marketing-related types of communication from us. You can opt out of these at any time here.
- Recording of calls and chats for quality improvement purposes. In case of telephone calls or chat sessions, DataClarity may record such calls (after informing you accordingly during that call) or chat sessions in order to improve the quality of DataClarity’s services.
Information DataClarity Receives from Third-Parties
DataClarity may obtain contact and company information from third party sources. The information obtained by these third parties is from publicly available sources (e.g., news articles). This information is used to support DataClarity’s marketing and sales efforts. DataClarity’s sales team may contact you based on this information to determine your company’s interest in DataClarity’s services and products. You may opt-out of these communications at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or clicking the unsubscribe link provided in the e-mail.
If you sign up for a DataClarity account, community, blog updates, or other communications, download a whitepaper, register for a web seminar or other event, or, if you contact us generally, we will collect your contact information to fulfill your request. If you provide us with contact information (through the use of our services, in signing up for communications, or otherwise), we will contact you regarding DataClarity events and services we believe may be of interest to you. To unsubscribe from DataClarity communications, follow the unsubscribe link that appears at the end of each e-mail communication.
We ask that you not send us or disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through DataClarity websites or via other means.