Predictive analytics helps your organization anticipate change so that you can plan and carry out strategies that improve outcomes. By applying predictive analytics solutions to data you already have, your organization can uncover unexpected patterns and associations and develop models to guide front-line interactions.
SPSS Modeler is a comprehensive predictive analytics platform for professional analysts and data scientists with flexible deployment options, including cloud and hybrid. The platform scales from supporting line of business predictive analysis (SPSS Modeler Personal) to enterprise-scale implementation (SPSS Modeler Gold). It brings predictive intelligence to everyday business problems that enable front-line employees or systems to make more effective decisions and improve outcomes.
What's New in IBM SPSS Modeler V18
SPSS Modeler V18 offers the following benefits:
- Flexibility to use multiple environments for predictive analytics, including cloud, on-premises, or hybrid.
- Easy-to-use visual interface that enables users of all levels access a wide array of algorithms to discover patterns and trends in structured, unstructured, and even geospatial data.
- Access to a wide assortment of data sources, such as flat files, databases, data warehouses, and even big data sources that use Hadoop.
- An extensive range of analytics to address a variety of business problems; uses analytics ranging from descriptive analytics to advanced algorithms, including automated modeling, text analytics, entity analytics, social network analytics, decision management, and optimization.
- The ability to combine and optimize predictive scores and business rules to affect those decisions that can directly increase revenues and customer loyalty; prevents threats, migrates risk of fraud, or reduce cost.
- Deployment to operational systems to maximize the impact of predictive analytics across an organization.
SPSS Modeler V18 can scale from desktop deployments to integration within operational systems. This enables organizations to improve their business process and help people or systems consistently make the right decisions to deliver recommended actions at the point of impact. The result is a rapid return on investment and the ability to proactively and repeatedly reduce costs and increase productivity.
SPSS Modeler V18 is supported by complementary products, such as SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services V8.0, and SPSS Analytic Server V3.0 that extend its depth and breadth of functions.
This release of SPSS Modeler can help organizations do the following:
Empower every user:
- Users can take advantage of algorithms, including open source, designed to get insight from deep and wide data commonly captured in Hadoop without additional IBM components, bringing big data capabilities to traditional data sources.
- Additional support for extensibility amplifies the value of predictive analytics and data science for the business.
Unlock more data:
- You can build models more efficiently on high-performing systems with the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator.
- Performance enhancements across components makes it easier and faster to include more data in analysis.
- Added support for General Parallel File System (GPFS) within Big Insights enables data scientists to face their data management challenges.
Enable ground to cloud flexibility:
Discover patterns and trends in your structured and unstructured data
IBM SPSS Modeler is a powerful, versatile data mining workbench that helps you build accurate predictive models quickly and intuitively, without programming.
With IBM SPSS Modeler you can:
- Discover patterns and trends in structured or unstructured data more easily, using a unique visual interface supported by advanced analytics.
- Model outcomes and understand what factors influence them so you can take advantage of opportunities and mitigate risks.
IBM SPSS Modeler Products
SPSS Modeler Professional Discover hidden relationships in structured data stored in databases, mainframe data systems, flat files or within your Cognos Business Intelligence environment - and predict the outcome of future events and interactions. Modeler’s easy-to-use graphical interface puts the power of data mining in the hands of business users to discover new insight and increase productivity - allowing the organization to quickly realize a positive return on investment (ROI).
SPSS Modeler Premium Get all of the data mining features included with SPSS Modeler Professional, and much more!
- Sophisticated text analytics enables you to unlock concepts trapped in unstructured data.
- Then combine the structured and unstructured data to improve model accuracy.
- Entity analytics allows you to combine diverse data sources and resolve like entities - even when the entities do not share any key values.
- Social network analysis helps you discover relationships among social entities and the implications of their behavior.
IBM SPSS Modeler Features
Build predictive models efficiently, and then rapidly deploy them - without the need for programming!
Perform a variety of modeling approaches in a single run and then compare the results of the different modeling methods. Select which models to use in deployment - without having to run them all individually and then compare performance. Choose from three automated modeling methods: Auto Classifier, Auto Numeric and Auto Cluster
Go beyond the analysis of structured numerical data and include information from unstructured text data such as web activity, blog content, customer feedback, emails and social media to capture key concepts, themes, sentiments and trends - ultimately improving the accuracy of your predictive models.
Identity resolution is vital in a number of fields, including customer relationship management, fraud detection, anti-money laundering and national security. Entity analytics improves the coherence and consistency of data by resolving like entities - even when the entities do not share any key values.
Why use SPSS Modeler?
- Ease of use - It’s a visual workbench without the need for programming.
- Automation - Simplify data preparation and modeling with a complete range of algorithms.
- Open architecture - There are no proprietary databases and SPSS Modeler is already integrated with IBM technology
Contact us today to learn how the IBM SPSS Modeler can help your company to solve your toughest challenges with data mining – you can complete the form or call us at 877-454-4898, and we would be delighted to consult with you and make specific recommendations.
Put the power of advanced statistical analysis in your hands
IBM SPSS Statistics is the world’s leading statistical software - used by tens of thousands of business, government, research and academic organizations to solve a wide range of business and research problems.
With IBM SPSS Statistics you can:
- Discover relationships between variables and plot outcomes based on geography.
- Predict future events.
- Test hypotheses and validate assumptions in many types of academic, scientific, business and government research.
- Analyze past performance and forecast trends - to better plan organizational strategies, programs, logistics
or manufacturing processes.
IBM SPSS Statistics is easy to use, has a lower total cost of ownership, and addresses the entire analytical process - from planning and data preparation to analysis, reporting and deployment to BI platforms - such as IBM Cognos Analytics (former Cognos Business Intelligence).
What's New in SPSS Statistics V24?
IBM SPSS Statistics V24 continues to offer advanced analytics through improved access to programming extensions, smarter data management, and enhanced productivity. New features of IBM SPSS Statistics V24 include the following:
SPSS Statistics Extensions
In SPSS Statistics V24, you get to experience a new way to access and work with open source and third-party programming extensions:
- SPSS Statistics Extensions Hub is a new interface to manage extensions. It provides an online, store-like experience where you can:
- Easily browse, download, and update free product extensions based on SPSS, Python, or R syntax
- Easily find and download new extensions
- Get updates to existing extensions
- Remove installed extensions
- View properties of your installed extensions
- With SPSS Statistics Custom Dialog Builder for Extensions, it is now easier than ever to create and share extensions
based on R/Python and SPSS Syntax for your customized needs. Now you will be able to:
- Access new control options and new properties of existing controls
- Choose new options for the menu location of a dialog
Smarter data management
In SPSS Statistics V24, you get a redesigned experience while importing and exporting the most popular file types with more accurate calculation of a variable type. Here are some of the features:
- Use redesigned Microsoft Excel and CSV importing and exporting.
- Determine the data format for a column based on a specified percentage of values with the same format.
- Ignore hidden Excel rows and columns.
- Remove leading and trailing spaces from string values.
- Specify a sheet name when writing Excel data files.
- Append a named sheet to an existing Excel workbook.
- Write variable labels instead of variable names to an Excel file.
- Read text data files with more flexibility. This includes automatic detection of data formats and better handling of date and time values.
- Export value labels to a database.
In this release, SPSS Statistics V24 has many enhancements to SPSS Custom Tables module with some groundbreaking features like:
- Effective base for weighted sample results.
- Scores of new confidence interval and standard error statistics,
- A new ability to include significant test results in the main table.
- The ability to display significance values for column means and column proportions tests.
- An additional false discovery correction method for multiple comparisons.
With SPSS Statistics V24, you get a new community for extensions and forums. You also get a new welcome screen with links to the community and license manager so that you can readily access blogs, articles, and how-to videos on the community. Other good news for all Python users is SPSS Statistics now supports Python 3.
A lot of SPSS Statistics server features are being made available on the client machines so that you can enjoy the fully loaded benefits of the server on a client. For example, with SPSS Statistics V24, you get multi-threading control on client machines. And not just that, some of the features like NAIVE BAYES and SELECT PREDICTORS (formerly server-only features) have been made available to SPSS Statistics Base.
IBM SPSS Statistics Base: Essential data analysis tools for beginners and skilled analysts.
IBM SPSS Conjoint: Understand consumer preferences for more effective market research.
IBM SPSS Exact Tests: Analyze small datasets or those with rare occurrences more accurately.
IBM SPSS Advanced Statistics: Analyze complex relationships using powerful univariate and multivariate analysis.
IBM SPSS Custom Tables: Summarize SPSS Statistics data in different ways for different audiences.
IBM SPSS Forecasting: Build sophisticated time-series forecasts regardless of your skill level.
IBM SPSS Bootstrapping: Test the stability of your analytical models and procedures.
IBM SPSS Data Preparation: Perform faster, more accurate data preparation and validation.
IBM SPSS Missing Values: Estimate missing data so you can draw more valid conclusions.
IBM SPSS Categories: Predict outcomes and reveal relationships in categorical data.
IBM SPSS Decision Trees: Explain categorical results in a clear, intuitive manner.
IBM SPSS Neural Networks: Find more complex relationships in your data.
IBM SPSS Complex Samples: Compute statistics correctly for complex sampling.
IBM SPSS Direct Marketing: Improve your campaigns and maximize marketing ROI.
IBM SPSS Regression: Classify your data into groups and predict categorical outcomes.
Contact us today to learn how the IBM SPSS Statistics can help your company to improve performance – you can complete the form or call us at 877-454-4898, and we would be delighted to consult with you and make specific recommendations.
Efficiently derive predictions and recommendations from big data
IBM SPSS Analytic Server enables the IBM predictive analytics platform to use data from Hadoop distributions to improve decisions and outcomes with the use of IBM SPSS Modeler. You get big data analytics capabilities—including integrated support for unstructured or semi-structured predictive analytics from the Hadoop environment—that eliminate the need to move data, enabling optimal performance on large volumes of varied data without writing complex code and scripts.
IBM SPSS Analytic Server provides:
- An open, integrated data-centric architecture that uses big data systems
- Support for popular Hadoop distributions such as IBM InfoSphere BigInsights, Cloudera, Hortonworks and Apache Hadoop
- A defined interface to incorporate new statistical algorithms designed to go to the data
- Familiar IBM SPSS user interfaces that hide the details of big data environments so that analysts can focus on analyzing the data
- A solution that is scalable to problems of almost any size.
IBM SPSS Analytic Server V2.1 enables SPSS Modeler to use big data environments for predictive analytics that eliminate the need to move data. This delivers optimal performance on large volumes of varied data without writing complex code and scripts.
SPSS Analytic Server supports big data capabilities. The latest release extends them with support for Apache Spark; Ambari-based installs for IBM Open Platform; additional data sources such as BigInsights 4.1 on x86-64 LinuxTM and Power(R) Linux little endian and Hortonworks HDP 2.3.
SPSS Analytic Server V2.1 adds the following features and benefits to help SPSS Modeler extend the value of big data further:
- Analytic workloads run in Spark, with optimized performance for iterative operations.
- Additional big data algorithms deliver out-of-the-box support for algorithms designed for deep and wide data.
Contact us today to learn how the IBM SPSS Analytic Server can help your company to improve performance – you can complete the form or call us at 877-454-4898, and we would be delighted to consult with you and make specific recommendations.
Widely share critical business information easily and securely
IBM SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services lets you manage analytical assets, automate processes and efficiently share results widely and securely. Because when the people developing and the people using analytics can collaborate, your analytic efficiency increases.
SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services includes capabilities to help you:Collaborate so you can develop and implement analytics across the enterprise.
- Store analytical assets in a central repository, making it easier to locate them, share with others, reuse models and other assets and standardize best practices.
- Protect the business by controlling access to analytical assets and by using version control to ensure that the right copies are being used in production processes.
- Publish information easily from within analytic tools – developing custom interfaces for running those processes and giving analytical power to business users to control how they see and use analytics.
- Collect information on the outcomes of executed decisions to refine predictive models and future optimal answers.
- Use a visual interface to construct flexible, analytical processes – including those that involve multiple steps and tools – that deliver consistent results.
- Run jobs on demand, or on a set schedule, or when triggered by other events – orchestrating complex jobs across multiple systems and applications through event notification.
- Govern the environment in which the analytical processes occur, thereby increasing confidence in results.
- Take advantage of an automated process for evaluating predictive models that uses a champion-challenger approach for relevant results.
- Deliver analytical results as customer interactions are occurring through integration with business user systems – combining information gathered during the interaction with historical data to determine the next best action.
- Deploy streams created in SPSS Modeler to be executed in an operational environment.
- Incorporate features that ensure scalability, reliability and security.
- Integrate with existing authentication systems for authentication and single sign-on capabilities.
- Support application server clustering and virtualization for more effective use of resources.
- Create a unified platform that can increase the impact of your analytics investment with IBM SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services for System z. This version combines the predictive analytics power of IBM SPSS Modeler and IBM SPSS Analytical Decision Management with the security, high availability and reliability of the System z platform.
Contact us today to learn how the IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics can help your company to optimize decisions and change outcomes – you can complete the form or call us at 877-454-4898, and we would be delighted to consult with you and make specific recommendations.
Contact us today to learn how the IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics can help your company to solve your toughest challenges with data mining – you can complete the form or call us at 877-454-4898, and we would be delighted to consult with you and make specific recommendations.