Private ONLINE or Onsite Education. You Decide.
Whether you're looking for online or onsite training, you've come to the right place. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of Cognos training and education services as follows:
ONLINE Course Catalogue
Choose any of the following links for detailed course information:
Online Cognos Training from DataClarity’s is offered in a format called instructor-led online (ILO). DataClarity’s instructor-led online training delivers an expert instructor, course content, hands-on labs, and classroom collaboration tools right to your desktop using an online virtual classroom platform.
The courses are exactly the same as their traditional classroom equivalent. You will get the the benefits of being in a classroom with the convenience and cost savings of online training.
DataClarity Online Cognos Training delivers:
Please contact DataClarity Education today to learn more about our Cognos online training courses – you can complete the form or call us at 800-963-5508 and our education experts would be delighted to help you with course selection or developing a training plan for your team.
Onsite Cognos Training is conducted in a traditional classroom setting, with formal training materials and a narrowly defined scope, with typically with 4 to 12 students per class.
We can bring any of our offerings right to your office with pricing options convenient for both small and large classes, and we can tailor the training courses to meet your particular technical and business requirements.
DataClarity Onsite Cognos Training delivers:
- An expert instructor who can present and teach concepts, guide and assist with hands-on labs, answer questions throughout the course, and provide your organization with real field implementation experience.
- Course material that can be customized to include your application screens and data for an experience specific to your business. This option requires some advanced planning time and additional consulting costs to incorporate the desired level of customization.
- Confidential training atmosphere that gives your employees the freedom to discuss problems, products and situations they might not feel comfortable discussing in an open-enrollment class.
- Flexibility to schedule learning around your team’s schedule and minimize the impact on your users’ workload demands.
- Tremendous savings on a per user basis compared to offsite classes.
- Totally eliminate user training travel expenditures.
- Substantially improve Cognos user adoption and ROI with minimal user downtime.
- Our instructors can be reached by email with questions following training and our courseware is an excellent reference for revisiting concepts and best practices.
Please contact DataClarity Education today to learn more about our Cognos onsite training offerings – you can complete the form or call us at 800-963-5508 and our education experts would be delighted to help you with course selection or developing a training plan for your team.
Onsite mentoring typically includes mentoring and coaching a group of 1 to 3 participants. Onsite mentoring is focussed on a project success and is conducted less formally. It can be customized to solve your specific business or technical challenge.
DataClarity Onsite Mentoring provides:
- On-the-job coaching and answering questions unique to your organization’s environment to enable your teams to strengthen technical skills, apply proven best practices, and perform better.
- Personalized instruction to help your organization identify the activities necessary to achieve your specific business goals, bridge the gaps of skills, knowledge and experience, and guide your staff through any project or challenge.
- Short-term assistance with strategy and roadmap development, project assessments and start-up, design reviews, problem resolution, health assessments, product installation, customization, migration, deployment, performance tuning, and other activities related to your Cognos environment.
- Onsite and online training options to incorporate into the mentoring process or to use a follow-up to further enhance the mentoring experience.
- Extreme flexibility of mentoring engagements which can be less formal or structured by your organization and customized to your needs.
- Tremendous savings in your organization’s time and cost.
Please contact DataClarity Education today to learn more about our Cognos onsite mentoring solutions and current pricing – you can complete the form or call us at 800-963-5508 and our education experts would be delighted to help you with course selection or developing a training plan for your team.
“Extremely valuable content, a great instructor, and very good interaction with the students. Now I’m more prepared for the work I’ll be doing in the coming months.”
“The training class exceeded my expectations. I’ve got exposure to real field implementation and all the extras were great.”
“Very satisfied with what I received. The hands-on training was very helpful and the instructor enhanced the experience. I look forward to any subsequent courses in the future.”
“Very informative, improved my knowledge and understanding of Cognos methodology at my own pace. Many thanks.”
“The learning experience is invaluable. The instructor was very knowledgeable and also flexible about tailoring the course material to our needs. We’ve learned to address specific challenges we face and avoid common pitfalls along the way.”
“Thanks to the personalized training offerings we received form DataClarity, we were able to build up our expertise in Cognos solutions and tackle new opportunities.”
“Instructor was great – I gained practical knowledge from hands-on labs taught by a Cognos expert with many years of experience. He gave us concrete examples of what actually works in real world. This was much appreciated.”
“Excellent environment to learn more about Cognos. DataClarity Education offered me the opportunity to receive a wealth of information directly from my office.”
“The training class helped us to understand the benefits of our software investment, as well as how to use it effectively and productively.”
“Overall, the training was excellent. We walked away not only with a solid conceptual understanding of Cognos, but also with new ideas essentials for making our project successful.”
DataClarity Education offers diverse training paths to help you get started or become expert in your role.
We understand that the learning needs for your teams change over the course of a project lifecycle. As a result, we provide a breadth of training offerings in an onsite and online format to ensure that your organization gets the most comprehensive and timely training possible.
We recognize that your people possess various backgrounds, experience and levels of training. We are eager to work with your organization to develop a training path tailored for you. We have created Cognos training offerings targeted to the roles individuals serve within your organization and designed to maximize your team’s overall performance.
Administrator – this role is aimed at IT administrator users who need to administer server environments. Create and maintain metadata, and create and maintain all types of business intelligence on behalf of their organization.
Developer – this role is aimed at technical/business users who need to create and maintain complex reports, model metadata, and create and maintain all types of business intelligence content on behalf of their organization.
Power user – this role is for business users who need to view scheduled reports, run reports interactively, and create new ad-hoc reports.
End user – this role is for business users who need to view scheduled reports and run reports interactively through the Cognos Connection Portal.
The chart below identifies the recommended training for your specific on-the-job requirements:
DataClarity training experts will identify exactly what you need to build your skills.