IBM Planning Analytics Local
(formerly known as IBM Cognos TM1)
Planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and scorecarding software.
IBM Planning Analytics Local (former Cognos TM1) capabilities span personal, functional, and enterprise requirements for planning, reporting, and analysis to help Finance drive timely decision-making.
IBM Planning Analytics Local V2.0
IBM Planning Analytics Local V2.0, formerly known as IBM Cognos TM1, offers a single planning and analysis solution that can be deployed locally. Version 2.0 brings an interface for improved speed, agility, and foresight: IBM Planning Analytics Workspace.
IBM Planning Analytics Workspace interface
Planning Analytics Workspace delivers a self-service web authoring to all users. Through the Planning Analytics Workspace interface, authors have access to many visual options designed to help improve financial input templates and reports.
Planning Analytics Workspace benefits include:
- Free-form canvas dashboard design
- Data entry and analysis efficiency and convenience features
- Capability to combine cube views, websheets, text, images, videos, and charts
- Synchronized navigation for guiding consumers through an analytical story
- Browser and mobile operation
- Capability to export to PowerPoint or PDF.
IBM Planning Analytics Local is an enterprise planning software platform that can transform your entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysis and forecasting. Available as an on-premise or on-cloud solution, and with extensive mobile capabilities, Planning Analytics Local enables you to collaborate on plans, budgets and forecasts.
You can analyze data, and create models – including profitability models – to reflect a constantly evolving business environment. In addition, integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities help you monitor performance metrics and align resources and initiatives with corporate objectives and market events.
IBM Planning Analytics Local radically transforms your entire planning cycle, from forecasting and analysis processes to budgeting and profitability modeling:
- Support driver-based plans and rolling forecasts; link plans together for a cohesive view of all functions, departments and geographies.
- Perform complex cost allocations and profitability analysis to identify the most profitable products, customers, markets and sales channels.
- Execute planning tasks through a personal workspace, connected to the broader enterprise – aggregated results are available to higher levels instantly.
- Dramatically improve query execution times with multi-threaded queries that calculate multiple streams of results in parallel.
- Analyze large, frequently changing data sets organized into complex models using a multidimensional, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP engine.
- Add metrics and scorecards to every contributor’s workspace.
- Model and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) in the same environment used for planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure that strategic plans and measurement systems align capital with business opportunities.
- Create highly visual scorecards that include interactive impact diagrams, Balanced Scorecards and custom diagrams.
- Adopt model design and data access to fit your specific business processes; format input templates for flexibility and ease of use.
- Create personalized scenarios to explore an unlimited number of alternatives so individuals, teams and departments can respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Easily monitor performance metrics for one or more planning servers from a single control panel.
- Engage remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Contribute to plans from any location. Users can review the status of plans and enter and submit plan values; managers can review, approve or reject contributions remotely.
- Choose the interface best suited to your users: Cognos Analysis for Excel, Cognos TM1 Web, Cognos Insight or Cognos TM1 Contributor.
- Scale to thousands of participants to support top-down and bottom-up planning budgeting, and forecasting.
- Choose from on-premise or on-cloud deployment as the best delivery mechanism for your unique corporate environment—without sacrificing capabilities or limiting future deployment options.
- Choose from centralized or distributed planning deployments to support a wide range of users, locations, environments and work profiles, including offline use.
- Allow contribution by remote users and integration with on-premise data sources.
Cognos Analytic Server, a component of IBM Planning Analytics Local, offers advanced distributed architecture for greater scalability and interactivity. It lets an organization choose centralized or distributed deployment methods for its planning activities, depending upon the level of interactivity needed. The thin client – Cognos TM1 Web — supports centralized planning, while the distributed process supports higher levels of planning participation.
IBM PLanning Analytics Local (TM1) can be used with dozens of pre-configured templates – Cognos Performance Blueprints – that help transform essential processes quickly, at less cost and with less risk. Cognos Performance Blueprints help organizations apply proven best practices to their functional processes quickly, and reduce the total cost of ownership.
If you’re considering DataClarity or just want more information about our products, solutions, or services, simply fill out the form or call us at 1-800-963-5508